We had our formal on Friday night and we had such a great time. We went to dinner at a place called Mission American Kitchen and Bar in downtown Minneapolis. It was REALLY good, a bit pricey, but delicious. All of us liked our meals and Sarah and I shared a banana split, which was A-Mazing! All of their ice cream was home-made with fresh pineapple and strawberries on top. very, very yummy!
The dance was at the Marriott downtown. It was really close to the restaurant, which was nice because it was freezing outside. We tried to take the skyways but they were already closed down for the night. We danced a bit and headed home around midnight. I was in bed by 1 and I can't remember the last time I was up that late. Macky slept in until 6:30...wasn't that nice!
We took advantage of Grandma and Grandpa Thompson being here and slept a little later.
We spent Saturday at the Mall of America. We all shopped while Eric went to a movie. We found her birthday party outfit and her 1 year pictures outfit. I can't believe it is coming up so fast.
We spent this afternoon at the Minnesota Children's Museum. We had never been there before with Mackenzie and she really liked it. She was too young for a lot of it, but the things she could do, she really enjoyed. She played the drums, played with some dinosaurs, walked through a play gym area, tested out some caves and tried to eat bubbles. It was fun to see her explore so much. It was nice to go at her speed, too.
Here are a few pictures from our weekend. I have tomorrow off to recover, but Eric gets to do an outreach day in Willmar, MN. He is not looking forward to the drive both ways in one day. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Have a great week! :-)
Playing at the Minnesota Children's Museum. This was Eric's favorite part of the place.
Mackenzie playing in the water works area.
Mackenzie really liked the caves. She was worried at first, but warmed up quickly when we all crawled through them with her.
Eric and I with Jake and Sara Smestad at the Dental School formal.
Eric and I all dressed up. Mackenzie was already asleep when we left, so Grandma and Grandpa had an easy night!
what fun and such a nice looking couple!!
ReplyDelete