Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Happy as a Clam--Steele Fam


Monday, August 16, 2010

Family Trip

The Steele Trio headed to South Dakota for a quick family vacation this weekend. We went to Sioux Falls and luckily we weren't planning on heading to the western half of the state because it was also the 70th anniversary of the Sturgis Bike Rally. (Yikes!) We did see a lot of interesting folk along the way.

We stayed at a hotel with an indoor water park just in case the weather was icky, but we couldn't have asked for a better weekend. It was hot and VERY stormy the day we drove. Most of the storms developed over us and turned tornadic once they made their way into Minnesota. I'm sure all of you know that I am deathly afraid of storms, so I was happy that Eric had recently bought a new phone and we had access to internet the whole time, lucky me, so I could check the radar! Laugh all you want it was freaky, even Eric was a little worried.

We spent Friday at the Great Plains Zoo. Mackenzie just loved the animals. Her favorites this time were the bears. She kept wanting to head back to see them and she now makes the best noise ever for a bear. So cute. She also loved the ducks, penguins and zebras. Friday was our only rainy day so we headed to the mall to do a little shopping and spent the evening in the hotel water park.

Saturday was beautiful and we went to the outdoor water park for most of the day. She did great and was definitely ready for her nap once we got back to the car. We knew she was going to sleep for a long time so Eric headed to a movie and I hung out and rested with Mack. We went to a late dinner at Red Lobster and called it a night.

Sunday we went to the indoor water park again and Falls Park. Sioux Falls had a ton of rain lately and they had sewer issues. All of the Falls Park area was under a biohazard health watch. We didn't get to see as much of it as we would have liked. After the falls we headed back on the road. It was nice to get away for a little while and I can't believe that summer is ending.
I made it into my classroom for a few hours this morning and I can't believe I will be starting again next week. Boo to all of my Minnesota teaching friends who don't start for another 3 weeks!

Here are a few pictures from our trip


Mackenzie and her new favorite animal

Playing in the museum part of the zoo



Mackenzie wasn't quite sure what to think of the wave pool.


Steele Trio at the water park


Mommy and Macky early in the morning at the hotel. It was not fun searching for a pregnancy swimsuit. I didn't think to check Target and I found a ton there today. bummer!


At Falls Park in Sioux Falls

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fun! I think your swimsuit is really cute! Where did you end up getting it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you three are having so much fun. I can't believe you are in ND and we still don't get to see you. so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very true Darla, we should get some family together soon.
    Molly I got it at JCPenney. I wish I would have checked target. heads up for the future, they had a ton

    ReplyDelete