Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Happy as a Clam--Steele Fam


Sunday, September 12, 2010

Labor Day weekend

We had a great trip to Minneapolis over Labor Day weekend. We got to see a lot of family and got to shop for baby boy Steele.

We spent all day Saturday at the State Fair with the Eggerts. It was a lot of fun to see how much the boys have changed in only 3 months. Macky loved to see the boys and had a blast trying to keep up with them. The fair was slow in the morning, so she was able to walk around. After lunch we had to keep her in the stroller because it got so busy. She didn't mind, after all it's the best place to do some people watching! We did a little bit of shopping at Babies r us, since we don't have one in ND and went to Big Bowl for dinner, a place we will always go whenever we make it back to the cities.

On Sunday we headed to our old church in Blaine and had brunch with my aunt and uncle, like usual. It felt like we had never moved. We went to check out their remodeled basement and headed to the Mall of America after that. It was packed there, but I always enjoy hitting my favorite stores only found there, especially The Afternoon. Eric went to a movie and Macky and I shopped. We found his birthday present and a couple outfits for little guy. I also bought my new boy scrapbooking things, Mackenzie's stuff just won't cut it. We went out to dinner at Joe Senser's and called it a night.

Monday we left the hotel early and spent the morning shopping at the outlets at Albertville. It was good to get there early because it got very busy, too. I ran into a family from my old school I taught at, always fun to see familiar faces. We bought winter clothes for Macky and some fun outfits for little one. It's so different shopping for a boy! After shopping we made it to St. Cloud for Chipotle (another MN must) and drove through terrible storms all the way back to Grand Forks.

It was a busy weekend, but a lot of fun. I enjoyed the shopping part. I really miss that about Minneapolis! It's good to get back, but I was really happy it was a short week.



At the State Fair, just getting ready to start the day


Enjoying, one of many, hugs from Charlie. She missed him. She carries around his picture in her purse. :-) Macky was very happy to see him.



The Little Farm Hands exhibit at the fair. If you have little ones, this is the place to go. They get to help out, plant seeds, play in dirt, feed pretend chickens, ride tractors, everything. At the end they get to bring all the items they have collected to the "market". They get a pretend dollar and buy an item from the store. Macky got Cheerios.

Riding the tractor



Planting her potato seed

No comments:

Post a Comment