A lot of Norgaard family members met in Minneapolis this weekend to celebrate my grandma's 90th birthday. Her actual birthday is May 10th, but mother's day weekend was a great time for all of us to get together. 7 of her 10 children were there to celebrate with her and we had over 60 people sing her happy birthday. It was so fun and I haven't seen her smile so big probably ever! My uncle got a lot of great pictures of her, I was chasing Mackenzie around for a good portion of the day and when I wasn't chasing her, I was feeding Nolan (who by the way was angel baby all day long!!!).
Here's the fancy sign I made. I was excited to use the laminator, yes, excited is the right word. Remember I am a teacher!
Nolan hung out with my dad for a lot of the day. He randomly fell asleep when people were holding him.
Macky with some of her cousins: Abigail is just over 2 years old, Eleanor will be 3 in June and of course Mackenzie is just over 2, too. They loved this swing.
My grandma is in the middle with the purple colored jacket on. to her left is her brother Bob, who surprised her. She had no idea he was coming and she was so happy to see him! Behind grandma are her children Steve, Mary (my mom) Pat, Kathy, Dave, Neil, and Clark. Lisa who lives in Lebanon, Roy in Seattle, and Dick in Dallas, Texas did not make it.
My little family with Grandma
It was after 8pm and Mackenzie was done for the day, plus she had been eating cheese puffs all night.
My little man on Mother's Day morning. what a honey!
Mackenzie was out running around the hotel with Grandma and Grandpa, so Nolan and I took a Mother's Day picture.
I love this one! We took it after church. We had around 40 people at church and here are 13 of 20 great-grandchildren.
Back Left to right: Carly, holding Kenley, Grace, holding Nolan, Allison, Andrew, Peter, Luke, Charlie
Front: Abigail, Mackenzie, Eleanor, and Grant
I never realized how much of a peanut Mackenzie was until I saw her with all of these guys.
We had a great time and I am so happy that we could be there to celebrate my Grandma's birthday. What a wonderful celebration of 90 years!
No comments:
Post a Comment