Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Happy as a Clam--Steele Fam


Sunday, May 29, 2011

SOLIDS!!

Well the main 2 points of news around here are: Nolan is starting the long road of introducing solids and I'M DONE WITH SCHOOL!!!

Let's start with the latter! I finished up teaching last Thursday. After a LONG day with the kids, a few of us headed to Jake's bar in GF for a few drinks. I had my first beer since before getting pregnant with Nolan, so it had been over 13 months. It was delicious! I had a giant, tall Newcastle and it was amazing. I came home and pumped and dumped my milk. I feel so guilty when I do that, so it's very unlikely that I will have another tall beer like than anytime soon. :-)

I checked out of my classroom by 12:30 on Friday after working at a pretty quick pace to get out of there! I met Eric and our friends Laura and Adam at Mike's Pizza for their lunch buffet. It's fun to be able to do that during a weekday. The Dahlen's were in town from Omaha for a graduation and we were very happy they could spend some time with us. We had a few people over for a bbq, but we stayed indoors due to cold weather and rain.

We went to Fargo for the day yesterday to visit Eric's family. We were praying he didn't get an emergency call since he was on call this weekend. Luckily, he didn't and we didn't have to pick up and leave.

Now for our second piece of news: Nolan starting solids. He has been watching us eat and watching every bite for the past few weeks. He's starting to reach for our foods and he gets sad when we don't hold him while we eat. He has already doubled his birth weight of 8 lbs 2 oz by a lot. His 4 month check he was already at 17 lbs 4 oz. He was definitely ready for it. We started him tonight with rice cereal mixed with my milk. He chowed it down. We only gave him about a teaspoon to start and he was ready for more. We'll try it again tomorrow to see how he does. He really liked it and kept opening his mouth for the spoon. I hope it will be that easy to do other new foods. We'll keep you posted.



"Where's the food, Mommy?"
what a little honey, I love this kid!


He doesn't look too thrilled here, but he really was



Here he's trying to help Eric with the spoon.


Opening his mouth, waiting for more. I am glad we started him today. He's been waking up more at night and feeding more often. Hopefully this will help him feel a little fuller. Now begins the long process of introducing ever thing. It's always fun to see how they respond to different foods. Hopefully Nolan will be a good eater like Mackenzie.

Happy Memorial Day weekend to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment