We have been busy throughout October. Halloween season always seems so crazy. We go from event to event and the kids seem ready for Halloween to be over by the time November 1st rolls around. I sure was ready and had all the Halloween decorations put away on the night of the 1st. I always feel bad for Thanksgiving, so I like to get those decorations up right away.
I also got to enjoy my annual Girls' Weekend in October. This year we met in Omaha, where our friend Laura lives. I flew there on Thursday afternoon and flew back home on Sunday afternoon. It was such an awesome weekend, and we are already planning for next year's weekend.
Here are a few pictures to show our fun and crazy October.
This was 2 days before our first snowfall of the season
And here it is, the first snow!! They are so excited about it. I realized I had to do some shopping for new winter clothes for Nolan!
What do we do with this stuff??
It was perfect for snowmen and snow balls. It was extremely heavy snow though, so a lot of trees and branches came down all over town.
Here's the beginning of Girls' Weekend. We were waiting at the airport to pick up Lindsey. She thought Laura's husband was coming to get her, so she was pretty surprised and probably a little embarrassed, too. We had our shirts on and made a big sign that welcomed her. We were a little obnoxious and it was fantastic!
We were all ready to go shopping (CHILD-FREE!!!) It was so much fun.
We also enjoyed Laura's wonderful food and spent an afternoon at a crafting place. It's always so much fun to get together. It's hard that it's only once a year, but it makes it that much more special, too! Love you ladies!
Here's the beginning of our Halloween season. We were at my school's Harvest Hoe Down. lots of games, prizes, pizza and dessert.
We also had a fun night at our church, St. Mary's. They do a kids carnival with sloppy joes and ice cream.
sticker pumpkins at home
Mackenzie picked out all of these little pumpkins at her preschool pumpkin patch.
She was pretty proud of them.
Grandma and Grandpa's for Trick or Treating: They always come out with a huge haul from these guys. We should just be done after their house and after visiting my brother and Sherry at Mike's Pizza. They spoil the kiddos, too!
We made it through the neighborhood. Mackenzie was cold before we turned the first corner and Nolan got mad every time she knocked before he got to the steps. It was an interesting evening, but they had a great time. Nolan was ready for more and Mackenzie was ready for hot chocolate.
Our first hockey game of the season was this past Friday. I love bringing the kids to games. They really enjoy watching the Sioux and they cheer, too. They didn't even bring out any crayons, books or toys from the backpack this time, and we made it through the whole game. It was a lot of fun. I'm glad they love hockey like their mommy!
My little cheeseballs
Eric and I were in different sections for the game. We had 4 seats in this section and 2 in another. Eric sat with our friend Jason. The kids and I sat with my mom and my friend Jenna. I always think Eric gets a pretty sweet deal not having to worry about the kids in a crowded area, but they were so, so good that the game was easy for me, too.
I am ready for things to quiet down a little bit before the holidays kick it back into crazy. I hope Halloween was great for everyone else, too!
Love the idea that you get away for a girl's weekend! Sounds grand!
ReplyDelete