Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Happy as a Clam--Steele Fam


Sunday, November 14, 2010

Here's how I know I'm nesting...

Alright, I know that some people do not believe in the "nesting" part of pregnancy. Here is a list of reasons why I know that I am nesting right now. Some of them are a little ridiculous.

1. I MADE Eric buy and put up the Christmas lights this weekend "just in case".

2. I took all of the tags off Octie's new clothes. (DON'T freak out! The baby's name is not Octie. We heard the name Octavius a lot at a football game and we told my mom we were naming the baby Octavius. Then we taught Mackenzie how to say Baby Octie. It is really funny, but Macky doesn't really call the baby Octie. She won't have a hard transition to the real name in about 2 months)

3. I washed all of Octie's sheets, blankets, clothes, changing pad covers, etc.

4. I got my Grandma Bea's china hutch because she is downsizing and I washed all of it, set it up and placed all of our hutch-worthy items in it.

5. I washed all of the windows and mirrors in our house.

6. I made Mackenzie sleep in her big girl bed, so we could move the crib to the baby's room to make it look a little more put together.

7. We ordered a new car seat base, dresser and closet organizer for baby Octie.

8. I organized our Christmas things, so they would be easier to put up once I get the okay from Eric to start decorating.

I think that's the end of my list for the weekend. Mackenzie is all over the place and makes messes after I leave a room. That's why vacuuming, dusting and just plain cleaning up can wait until later.

32 weeks on Tuesday. 2 months until baby. I have to get this stuff done now! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment