Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Happy as a Clam--Steele Fam


Wednesday, November 30, 2011

oh boy....

So I realized I have been lacking in the posts lately...oops. School and home life get pretty crazy around the holidays. Everything seems to fly by, but I am procrastinating other things to post instead.

School is going well for me and the rest of the family is doing great, too. We are enjoying the super warm November weather and the fact that we are heading into December tomorrow without any snow. What's that about??

Macky has been pulling out some funny stories lately. Last week on our way home from school, I took a different route and she all of a sudden started shouting to get my attention. She said, "Mommy, I saw a very, very, very, very, very big rocket!" (it was a water tower) She told me it was only for daddies to go on.

Today on the way home from daycare she told me that she and Halle were friends, but Evan was not their friend. I asked her why and she said that he couldn't be her friend because he's a boy. (isnt' it a little early for this?) Then I started telling her that I have friends that are boys and we talked a little more about it. Then I started thinking that she's probably going to go to daycare saying mommy has a boyfriend. As a teacher I hear all sorts of funny things that happen at home, most of them are probably stories parents would be horrified about. :-) funny

Anyway, things here are great. I am getting ready to wrap some Christmas presents. I took advantage of black Friday and cyber Monday this year. Both days that I would normally avoid, but I kind of enjoyed it this year. I bought penny photo prints from snapfish.com. I hadn't printed any since July so I had around 400 pictures. Good thing Christmas break is coming, I'll have a fun project! (that and Nolan's scrapbook....poor kid is still on Easter in that one!)

Here are a few pictures from our last month:



We worked on getting a great picture for this year's card. This was one of our options, but it didn't make the final card. I love my little kiddos. They are getting so big!


Mackenzie helped us make 4 batches of lefse the weekend before Thanksgiving. Grandma Mary was really patient with her. Macky lasted a lot longer than I thought she would.


My kitchen was a floury mess and I loved it! We had a great time and there are few foods better than warm lefse right of the grill.


My Sioux hockey family! We have made it to 3 series this season. Last weekend Eric and I were lucky enough to go without the kids. We had a great time and the Sioux got their first sweep of the year.


My happy little man! He loves every food we put in front of him. He is getting close to giving up the bottle already. He'll be 11 months next week. Wow did that go fast! Time to plan the birthday party. : - ) Have a happy week and Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. love the updated pictures. The kids are getting so big and they both look so happy. I always loved the things that our kids said when they were young ie: heads or toes (instead of heads or tails when flipping a coin) and "Daddy, why does your car have a crush?" (when Mark's car got a dent in the side when somebody hit it)And the time when Aaron stuck a zillion stickers inside Mark's car on the mirror, dashboard, door handles,etc. It was hard to see that car go! Keep those comments from the kids written down. You will love looking back on them.

    ReplyDelete