Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Happy as a Clam--Steele Fam


Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

I enjoy Christmas time and all of the family time it includes. I feel a little rushed this year because Eric doesn't have any extra time off. He worked Friday and works Monday. I'm thankful he wasn't on call, though. We spent Friday night and part of Saturday in Fargo with Eric's family. Our camera decided to bite the dust, so we don't have a lot of good pictures from their house. I was pretty upset because it's Nolan's first Christmas, so I made Eric head to Target on Christmas Eve and find a substitute. We spent a good portion of Christmas Eve figuring out how to use it, and we like it. It takes pictures, that's all we need right now. Especially with Christmas and now with his birthday in 2 weeks. (2 weeks, what?? my baby's turning one?!?!)



Our First Christmas as family of 4 Mackenzie 2 1/2 Nolan 11 1/2 months

working on his scrunchy nose face, both of my children are master nose scrunchers

Grandma and Grandpa Thompson with the grandchildren

a very happy 2 year old with some new play-doh from Uncle Nate and Auntie Sherry

Uncle Nate loves Grover and got Nolan one for Christmas. Nolan loved it and was very snuggly with it. He was so worn out. I'm glad he has a few weeks to recover before his birthday

Mackenzie was our gift passer this year. She did such a great job. She asked for help with names and any one that started with an "M" she assumed was hers, pretty cute. Great Grandma Bea was here to celebrate with us and she's staying until Nolan's birthday. We're so lucky to have her around so much more now than when she was in Arkansas.


These guys love Christmas and always spread the Christmas cheer. We appreciate everything they do, from cooking an amazing meal to spoiling us and our children. Thanks Nate and Sherry!

My little guy on his first Christmas, both of our kids started walking right around Christmas. Macky was only 9 1/2 months, and Nolan started taking steps around Halloween, but just recently started mastering walking around everywhere.



Christmas Morning!!! Santa Came!

We recorded her opening her gift, but this is the first picture we got of it. Mackenzie wanted a dollhouse and had been talking about it for quite a while. She also said she wanted some people to go with it. This is actually my dollhouse from when I was a little girl. My mom and dad helped get it into a little better condition. We painted it, re-carpeted it, re-sided a few spots and it turned out great! It's so much fun for me to see her playing with all of my old pieces from it. She was so excited and said, "I love it even if it's not pink like I wanted." ha ha, I didn't want a pink dollhouse around here. It's much nicer this color.

I never had people for mine, just bunnies, so I wrapped those up, too. She loved them more than the people.

One pretty lucky, happy girl

Nolan loves to play catch and throw anything, so we got him a bouncing, singing dino game. He loves it and the different colored balls it comes with.

No he is not "Tebowing" pretty close though, yikes! (tim tebow is a football player for the Broncos, if you are lucky enough to not know about him, I won't explain, you'll probably just be annoyed with him like most people.)

It pops them around and they go down a little slide at the end. He was so happy. He's also WAY to active now to sit for a picture and smile. I don't think I got a single one of him smiling all weekend. bummer


My favorite Christmas moment this year:

Mackenzie has been asking for a scarf from us. I found a perfect one at baby gap that matches her jacket and has glittery butterflies on it. She opened it while we were in Fargo, and said, "It has purple, and butterflies and it's so pretty. I love it so much, Mommy. Thank you for bringing it to me!" Then she walked over to me and gave me a big hug and said thank you. She was so genuine and sweet, I almost cried. Then she walked around and showed everyone in the room. She gave it a big hug and threw it to the ground and said, "Let's do more!"
very funny, very sweet and very cute. I love my little girl. She's a honey.

Merry Christmas to everyone. Much love from the Steele household

No comments:

Post a Comment