We celebrated Nolan's birthday yesterday with family at our house. His party was owl themed "Look whoooo's turning one!" He actually did a really great job with our house full of 30 people. We ate some food, had some cupcakes and opened presents. His favorite gift was from Uncle Scott and his girlfriend, Saskia. They got him a teddy bear chair. He has enjoyed tackling it all day. Here's a few of my favorite pictures from the day. The birthday boy is napping now, so I have some free time for a few moments. We've been non-stop since before Christmas, so I am ready for a little break. : - )
toys for boys!
not the best picture, but this is Nolan's birthday banner showing his month by month growth. That year went fast!
Look Whooo's turning one! I made a cupcake cake for him. It was fun to make, but I did it in a hurry. Wish I would have taken my time a little more. Still cute.
Opening presents. We got him a Thomas the train tent/playhouse. Mackenzie and some of her cousins had more fun in it than Nolan. He was a little afraid to enter with 3 bigger girls in it.
Here's his teddy bear chair. He likes that it's his size and that he can attack it without it fighting back like his sister.
cake time! he loved the frosting, but didn't eat too much of the cupcake.
Almost all of it ended up in his high chair, but he's sure one happy one year old.
taking a quick sink bath after cake
I love his little eyelashes. He looks like such a big boy in this picture.
He's getting so big and he's learning something new everyday. He's a lot quieter than his sister and enjoys listening to her more than talking on his own. He LOVES any toy that she's playing with much to her dismay. We are excited to see what the next year with bring for our sweet little guy. Happy Birthday Nolan!
happy 1st birthday Nolan! You are already getting so big. you have a great mom and dad. I loved your owl cake and the Teddy bear chair. Looks like a great time for all. now it's time to give mom and dad a break!
ReplyDelete