Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Happy as a Clam--Steele Fam


Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Where did February go??

Well I realized last night that I hadn't written anything on here in over a month. It's been a while since I've taken that long....oops!

We have been really enjoying the snow over the past few weeks. Mackenzie has been playing out in it for hours. It's been fun to see the excitement on her face while she's playing in it, and it makes me remember all of my fun times playing out in the snow. I remember the snow piles seeming like huge hills and she talks about it the same way. So cute! Nolan doesn't appreciate it as much. He's happy that he learned how to walk in his boots, but he's mad that he can't pick up toys with his mittens on yet. He does follow her around and enjoys when she pulls him in the snow.

We're set up to get 6-10 inches tonight and tomorrow, which means we'll probably get 2 or 3. I am done wishing and praying for a snow day or even a late start. We only had one late start last year and in my 3 years teaching in Minneapolis, I didn't have any.

Either way it'll be fun for us to have even bigger hills and for some reason I have a new found love for shoveling. I didn't shovel at all last year because I was pregnant and then Nolan was born in January, so stayed in with him. Also our neighbors love to see who can be the first one out to clear everyone else's driveways. Not a bad problem to have!

I'll stick some pictures up on here from our snow playing and hopefully I'll have extra time for it tomorrow with my late start or snow day! (fingers crossed, prayers said, rabbit's foot rubbed, you get the idea...)

PS: we're having a lot of fun getting ready for Mackenzie's 3rd Birthday! She is so excited this year, and she's been a big help with party bags and decorations. Nolan likes to pull the ribbons all around the house. He's a helper, too.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for Mackenzie's birthday coming! How exciting! Lily finally got to play in the snow last week too, and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete