Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Happy as a Clam--Steele Fam


Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer with the Steele's




Well school ended without any major catastrophes so that was nice. The kids had a few days with Grandma and Grandpa at the end of the year because daycare was closed. They had a great time, but I think they wore out the grandparents. We had a very busy last few weeks of school including a surprise party for my parent's 40th anniversary. It was a wonderful weekend with everyone here to celebrate. We also celebrated my grandma's 91st birthday. She loves to let the candles burn down the whole way before she blows them out. The whole room cleared out because it was taking so long, but she just smiled and watched the flames. It was really sweet. 


Grandma's 91st Birthday party at the farm. 


My dad is a blinker! He doesn't usually look like this unless you take his picture :-) ha ha 


I had a replica made of their cake. You can just barely see it in the picture on the right. It was very, very yummy!


Our little family the night of the party 


 Mackenzie had her dance recital in May as well. She was such a honey. She had a great time and LOVED being on stage. This was rehearsal and picture night. 


 This is the night of the big show. She was such a little performer. 


We are busy into our summer vacation and loving it. We had vacation bible school all this week for both kids. They had a great time singing, listening to stories, painting, and coloring. Nolan enjoyed snack time the most. 




I also started my summer to-do list. I am proud to say that I can already cross one of the big ones off the list. I painted our main floor bathroom last week, kind of out of the blue. I knew that I wanted to do it, but hadn't really planned at all. I went shopping on my own (AMAZING) and found some colors of towels that I liked. I went to the paint store after that and found some colors that were close, brought them home and had Eric do the final choice. The next day I bought the paint, taped up the room, painted a layer of primer and finished one layer. The following day I did a final coat of paint. I really love it. It brightened up the room a ton. All I can say is thank goodness for nap time. Once I started I really wanted to keep going and they napped a long time to allow that. 

Other things on my home list:
*Replace the banister in our kitchen with a half-wall (this is a big one!!!) 
*Replace all the outlet covers in the house (the people before us painted over all of them so they are very stuck and very annoying. sounds like an easy job, but it is very time 
consuming for how stuck they are) 
*Clean out ALL closets (I'm done with 1....the kid clothing/baby stuff storage closet. 
only 4 big ones left)
*keep my landscaping area clear of weeds


There are about a thousand other things, but I want these ones to be written so I can have some responsibility for them! I'll keep you posted on how well I do. HaPpY SuMmeR! 
I am LOVING being home with Mackenzie and Nolan. They make each day so much fun, tiring, but fun! 





1 comment:

  1. I can't believe that Mckenzie already has dance recitals! She is a doll. Sounds like your summer will be hopping! Enjoy some down time, too. Miss you all.

    ReplyDelete