Mackenzie had her first day of preschool on August 28th at Sunflake Preschool. She has absolutely loved it. She goes every Tuesday and Thursday. I drop her off early (7:30), and she stays until around 3:45 in the daycare program. She eats lunch there and then gets to take a nap, too. Every Tuesday she gets to pack her own lunch. On Thursdays they get food catered from the Italian Moon, a pizza, burgers and chicken place in GF. They go outside a lot, which she loves. Here are a few pictures from her first day. When I picked her up they said that they loved how happy she was all day, even when she woke up from her nap. She's always been our happy little girl :-) What a sweetie!
At our house before leaving on the first day.
I love how huge the big backpacks are compared to the little preschoolers.
She got to bring a blanket and a little pillow pet for nap time.
What a sweet little preschooler! She was talking about the end of summer before it even began, just so she could go to school.
At Sunflake! I get to do 2 drop offs every Tuesday and Thursday now. It has made for a few stressful mornings, but I am glad to report I haven't been late for work, yet! We are pretty much prepared the night before and it really, really helps.
"Mommy, what are you doing? Can we go down the stairs?"
She is always the 1st or 2nd one there in the morning. I think she enjoys the attention of the teachers when she's there on her own and also the 1st pick of the toys and crayons.
There were no tears from her. I did tear up a little and Nolan definitely cried when we got back into the car and she wasn't with us. He has gotten better about being at daycare without her. It helps that every morning of preschool, Mackenzie preps him for it. "Nolan, I'm not going to be at Tammie's. I will be at school. You can play with the kids at Tammie's. I'll see you after school." She tries so hard to make him happy. It's sweet. I'm glad she's so willing to be on her own, but it's hard to believe she's so grown up already. I hope every school year starts as smoothly as this one did.
Stop the clock now! It all goes too fast from this point on!
ReplyDelete