Our Family of Five

Our Family of Five

Happy as a Clam--Steele Fam


Monday, December 17, 2012

Baby Steele #3!!!

Well most people have heard that we have baby number 3 on the way. Most people have not heard how we found out. If you'd like to find out...read on. (it's not that interesting or exciting)

Eric and I knew that we wanted to try to have our children somewhat close in age. We wanted to aim for about 2 (or so) years apart for each. I was in Omaha for girls' weekend in October. Girls' weekend usually includes drinking girly drinks and talking late into the night. I figured I should probably know if I had a baby cooking before enjoying those kinds of festivities. So, before lunch with Laura, we ran to the store, I bought and took a test and found out the good news, and quickly called Laura over to confirm it. "Does it look like a plus sign to you, does it really??" Poor Eric. Laura knew before he did.

I called Eric right away and luckily he answered. I talked with him for quite a while. Now poor Laura. She was sitting at the table, eating all by herself.


I took the test before the other girls came because I did not intend to tell the girls that early. Laura obviously knew, but I was planning on holding the news until after the 12th week at least. Well, then Molly came and announced she was pregnant and I couldn't stop laughing, blushing or looking at Laura. So I fessed up and told the girls that I had just taken a pregnancy test that morning. Needless to say, Molly and I ruined the whole drink girly drinks and talk all night part of girls' weekend. (with great reasons of course) Who'll ruin the party next year?!?!   


Baby Steele is due around June 25th, 2013. We're very excited and a big thanks to everyone for all the well wishes and congratulations. 


Mackenzie (4 in March) and Nolan (2 in January) after we told them the news. They were both very excited and Nolan keeps trying to lift my shirt or kiss my tummy. He always asks if the baby is sleeping. Mackenzie has been very sweet and keeps wanting to take pictures of my tummy (great). She's also trying to figure out how her room is going to look once she shares it with Nolan. That was her first question. "Where is the baby going to sleep?" We're very blessed and we pray for a healthy baby boy or girl. We're not planning on finding out the gender this time around. 


2 comments: