Top 10 reasons I love it! (in no particular order...)
1. Family reunions
2. s'mores (or as some of the Norgaard siblings call it "angel on horseback" no idea why or where they got it from)
3. bonfires
4. demolition derbies (only in Hatton, ND!!!)
5. parades with candy
6. all day volleyball (with the Norgaard family)
7. beer (I haven't enjoyed this one the last 3 years however)
8. Picnics, especially when the food is cooked over the fire
9. Watermelon
10. and of course celebrating our great country's FREEDOM!! I love to dress in red, white and blue and I frequent the Target dollar bins for 4th of July patriotic items to share with all the great-grandchildren. Nothing like seeing a bunch of 1-10 year olds blowing patriotic bubbles with red and blue crowns on their heads!
I truly love this holiday because I love to be able to spend time with my family. It is the main reason we were married so close to the 4th. On July 7th we will be celebrating 5 years. :-)
Fireworks do not make my list because I get really nervous when a bunch of kids are lighting them off around the farm, without any warning. (yes, I used to be one of them and I have a burn scar on my foot to prove it) I do like planned firework shows however. Now, I like to leave it to the 'professionals'.
4th of July 2010 Mackenzie loves the parade, especially when she gets to gather all sorts of candy. Look how young she looked a year ago! Thank goodness her hair is getting longer.
Our family of 3 a year ago.
Mackenzie's first 4th of July 2009. Daddy's little sparkler :-)
a group of cousins for the parade 2009. this is just a small sampling of the family that gathers on this lawn most years. This year our group will be a little smaller, but we always represent well!
2009
So, get out your red, white and blue shirts and enjoy the celebration this weekend.
Happy 4th of July, America!
No comments:
Post a Comment