Jenny and Marcus put on quite the weekend for us! We had a great time and Mackenzie asked me this morning if we could go to Auntie Jenny's wedding again. I told her there was just going to be one :-)
This was before the wedding festivities a day after Nolan turned 6 months. I can't believe how fast it went and I can't believe how much personality he's getting. He started to army crawl today. Yikes! not sure if I'm ready for a mobile infant again!
Mackenzie wanted to get in on the action as well. These 2 are pretty happy and smiley most of the time.
Here's my little girl showing that she's ONLY into dresses right now. I can't get her to wear anything else. It's kind of a fun stage. I would have never had a phase like this, but I am enjoying dressing her up everyday. It's been going on for about 3 weeks.
Nolan has almost mastered sitting up on his own. We still keep the boppy pillow behind him but he flops forward more often than back.
Friday afternoon we went to get pampered. I forget how amazing pedicures are.
Nolan and Daddy hanging out at the rehearsal at Sharon Lutheran church
The Steele family keeps gaining new members!
Eric, Jenny and Scott....can you see the family resemblance?
Nolan found out that when he sticks his tongue out people laugh. So he does it a lot and it's pretty darn cute.
The girls at the Groom's Dinner at Mamma Maria's in East Grand Forks.
L to R: Shana-personal attendant, Me, Jenny-BRIDE!!, the rest of the girls are bridesmaids, Johanna, Rebecca, Alyssa, and Katie
Jenny gave us a pearl necklace and earrings for the wedding, flip flops and a personalized picture gift that was different for each person. I got a mug, someone else got a deck of cars, fun things like that.
Getting ready the morning of the wedding. We had our hair appts at 8:00 and started pictures shortly after 11.
We were out at University park and we took some really cute pictures. We made it to our cars just before some crazy weather came through. The clouds were pretty swirly and scary looking. I was not calm or collected because you all know how much I HATE storms. Eric's brother, Scott, heard quite a few choice words from me while we were heading back to the church. It was pretty scary out there, but the worst of it went south of us. It cooled down a bit after the storm and that helped, too.
My sweet little peanut was an honorary flower girl. She was SO excited to wear a pretty dress and Jenny got her a bouquet and basket full of petals. She was a pretty happy girl :-) I was pretty proud of her, too. She did a great job all day and lasted until 11pm. She did have a meltdown at 11 at the reception because she didn't want to take the dress off and go home.
Me and my little munchkins. I love these little kids.
Nolan-6 months and Mackenzie 28 months almost 2 1/2 years! wow!
Daddy and his kids :-) I love this picture!
Mackenzie loves her Auntie Jenny. We had to put a party bow in Macky's hair. She was ready to dance, but it took her a little bit to get out on the dance floor. Once she heard "I gotta feeling" by the black eyed peas she was ready to go! She knows the words because that's our 'dancing in the kitchen' song. She asks for it daily
Sisters! It was fun to help Jenny plan the wedding and it made me feel like we really were sisters. I feel like thats exactly how it would be if I had a sister and she was getting married. What a fun day. I am so grateful that she let me be a part of it.
Eric and Mackenzie dancing during the Father and Daughter dance.
Mackenzie had fun dancing with her second cousin Jaxon. They were smiling the whole time. So sweet!
enjoying a sibling dance during the dollar dance.
We had a lot of fun at the wedding and reception. It was great to see family and celebrate the beginning of Marcus and Jenny's life together. They left on Sunday morning for their honeymoon in Mexico. Pray for no hurricanes! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment