I am really not ready to go back to school this year. Mackenzie and Nolan have made my summer so incredible. We have been busy, but it has also been relaxing (maybe due to the fact that I enjoy an afternoon nap while they are napping occasionally). We have been to the splash park a ton, story time almost every Thursday, the zoo in Fargo, Riverside Pool, the mall playground (on super hot or rainy days), and a lot of different parks around town. I meant to get to every park in Grand Forks, but I think I am a little behind. We have a few left to get to before August is up.
I have been back to my classroom a few times to get the room organized. I like to get as much done as early as I can, so I can spend the days right before school lesson planning. I am excited for teaching to start back up again. I have a really small class this year, only 9. I am not sure what I am going to do with 9. It will seem very strange. The class I had last year had 18 and the class I will get next year has 17, so it's an odd number for our school.
Anyway, here are a few of my favorite pictures from our summer vacation. I do realize it's not over yet, but once August rolls around, I start to feel like it's all ending : (
I have some time to love up my sweeties before I go back.
June in Bemidji
Teresa has been a big help this summer. She is really great with the kids. She came with to the splash park a few times and has played at our house a few times, too.
Nolan learned to sit up this summer. He started working on it at the beginning of July and now does it completely on his own all the time.
Mackenzie is potty trained! She hasn't had any accidents in about 2 or 3 weeks. She still wears a pull up during naps and a diaper at night. So proud of our big girl!
Jenny's bridal showers and bachelorette party were a lot of fun this summer.
This was father's day at the splash park.
Nolan passed out in the swing on Father's day
ha ha! i love this picture. She woke up like this at Grandpa Bernard's farm after a long day of playing and swimming at the lake. We didn't have any breakfast items along, so she had a rice krispy bar for breakfast. Her face and hair are classy in this one!
My favorite holiday as you all know! My little family grew one bigger in 2011 so we all got new shirts to mark the occasion
Nolan with the newest great grandchildren on the Steele side
Nolan 6 months, Ava 4 1/2 months, Sydney 9 months
Mackenzie riding Grandpa's tractor. I have a ton of pictures of me on his tractors, so I love this one. She was so happy.
another classy picture, Macky in her swimsuit and helmet ready for a wagon ride.
my honey :-)
She was so pretty and grown up on Auntie Jenny and Uncle Marcus' wedding day.
I love my family so much!!!
p.s I am the odd one out in my family. They are all blondies and I am pitch black. Looks kind of funny in our family picture, but that's okay. Maybe someday I'll get a dark haired little one
Chillaxin' poolside in our backyard
wow, did he love the pool!
GIRLS' WEEKEND!!!
I will add a post about this in a moment!
Brittany's baby shower
Mackenzie's besties for the summer.
Emma, Keira, Mackenzie and Payton at the zoo in Fargo. We went to story time, parks and the splash park with these girls and their mommies all summer. It was a great time. I'm so lucky to be teaching at a school with teachers the same age and with children the same age. We had so much fun with them once or twice a week.
We have our big family trip planned for August when my cousin Gabe gets married to Tara in Madison, Wisconsin. We are going to stop by wisconsin dells for a little bit of family fun before the school year starts up. Happy Summer and enjoy the last few weeks of it! I KNOW I will!
No comments:
Post a Comment